How many times have you done a one to one, or met with someone and meeting finishes with this statement….”Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.” Or “Is there anything that I can do to help you?”
We simply say, send me leads, or referrals or we say something like this “I can’t think of anything right now, but I will let you know if I do.” What a lost opportunity. People can help you in more ways than just passing referrals or leads, here are a list of things that you can do for one another that will help each of you.
1. You could put an article about my services in your newsletter, I will do the same for you.
2. You could invite me to a networking opportunity that you may be going to.
3. You could nominate me for an award it would build my credibility
4. You could attend an event with me; it would create visibility for both of us.
5. You could display my information or products in your office or store.
6. You could mention me in your blog.
7. You could read my blog and comment, and then link to my blog.
8. You could introduce me to your network
9. You could write an article for my newsletter
10. You could invite your best client to our chapter so I could meet them.
11. You could WRITE me a great testimonial that I could used in my materials.
12. You could put my brochure or information in your client mailings.
There are so many other things that we can do for each other that will add value to our business. Instead of always asking for a referral, ask for something else. People are more than willing to help you, just give them other opportunities. Give me a list of other things that you would value and could ask for.
REMEMBER: If you ask others to do it for you, then you must be willing to reciprocate.